DO I NEED A BUYERS AGENT?
Today in Oregon, the listing agent represents the Seller, and the Buyers agent represents the Buyer. Buyers have a choice! Sellers still pay the commission, which is paid to the brokerage firm of the individual agents. Agents can elect to represent either the Seller or Buyer, or both if the situation arises wherein the listing is one that is listed by the Buyer's Agent's office. That's called limited representation. Buyers have the choice of working with an Accredited Buyers Agent like myself, or one that may be working for the Seller. There is no cost to the Buyer in most situations, so why not hire a specialist?
Benefit to the Buyer:
1. Total commitment to the Buyer not the Seller
2. Twenty years of experience in the Portland Real Estate Market
3. Exposure to the entire market not just in-company listings
4. An Agent specially certified and educated in negotiations, mortgage/finance, foreclosures and short sales, EarthAdvantage Certified Green Building Specialist
5. Research on seller motivation and financial position
6. Current on properties priced below market and 'best deals' in foreclosures
7. Extremely knowledgeable about mortgage loans and programs
8. Specialized in first time homebuyer programs and grants
9. Can negotiate seller paid closing costs and other items benefiting Buyer
10. Current information on schools and local happenings
Benefit to me as your Agent:
1. Buyer loyalty, in exchange for Agent loyalty
2. More qualified Buyer ready to purchase
3. More educated (to the marketplace) Buyer
4. Peace of mind, less conflict of interest
5. Ability to offer more services
6. Satisfied Buyers every time!
A little more about Jolynne Ash
I am in the top 3% of all Realtors nationally in terms of sales volume, education and advanced certifications. I am also co-owner of DreamStreet Real Estate founded in 2002, but I began my Real Estate career in 1991. Following is a quick list of my designations and what they mean:
ABR - Accredited Buyers Representative, only 2% of Realtors Nationally have this. It requires 16 hours of additional education, documented transactions and the passing of a test.
This now includes 10 hours of foreclosure and short sale training.
GRI - Graduate Realtors Institute, about 20% of Realtors nationally have this. It requires 40 hours of additional education and the passing of three separate tests.
CRS - Certified Residential Specialist, only 5% of all Realtors nationally have this. It requires a GRI (see above), 48 hours of additional education and the passing of three more tests, along with a minimum of five years real estate experience and 75 documented transactions. This is the hard one!
STAR - Certified by Earth Advantage and Energy Trust of Oregon as a 'Green Realtor'. This certification requires 16 hours of education and the passing of a test. Less than 2% of all Oregon Realtors have this designation.
References - Yes I have them, just ask for written letters or phone numbers, and I would be happy to pass them along.
On the personal side, I live in Aurora, which is just south of Portland in a rural community with my husband of many years and my two daughters Erica and Kendra and a menagerie of ever changing pets.
My primary business focus is on families buying in the greater Portland area. I have a strong high tech background from a previous career and use automation in all aspects of my business. Real Estate has been my full time career since 1991 and will continue to be for all my working years ahead. I have a love for houses and people that can't be satisfied any other way. I have been married since 1985 and am proud to say that I have survived the teenage years. I have one daughter in High School and one in College. I was elected to the School Board in 2004, and am currently very involved in the field of education. My daughters are very involved in PNSA Ski Racing and the Oregon High School Equestrian Team, horses are also a big part of our lives.
My husband Malcolm is a listing specialist with Prudential NW Properties and a serious cyclist. You might find it odd that he doesn't work for my company but this arrangement allows me any my company to focus solely on Buyers.
When I'm not working, I'm in my garden enjoying every minute. I also became an 'OSU Master Gardener' in 2000 adding to my list of credentials. If I could figure out a way to make a living growing flowers, real estate might take second chair. But for now I'm satisfied putting flowers on my web site.
If you like what you see just pick up the phone and call or send me email.